Thousands of Devotees thronged the famous Sri Meenakshi temple here to witness the celestial wedding of Goddess Meenakshi with Lord Sundareswarar, chief attraction of the festival, performed on Saturday amidst chanting of Vedic hymns.
Deities of Tirupparankunram temple, Lord Subramaniaswamy and Lord Pavalakkanivai Perumal were brought to the venue to witness the event.
At the stroke of 10.47 am the “mangalya dharanam” was performed with one priest decorated as bridegroom, tied the “mangalyam” around the neck of another who performed the role of Goddess Meenakshi in the symbolic performance of the ceremony.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Elaborate security arrangements were made by the police and temple officials in view of the security threats to the temple during the celestial event held as part of the 17-day festival.
Later, deities of Lord Sundareswarar and Goddess Meenakshi will be kept at the Thirukkalyana Mandapam for the devotees to offer worship.
Wedding feast will be arranged for around 60,000 devotees, on the occasion.