Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Monday introduced in Lok Sabha the judicial appointment commission bill seeking to replace the collegium system of appointment of judges.
The move came on a day when Chief Justice of India RM Lodha fervently defended the collegium system and lashed out at a “campaign to defame the judiciary and to tarnish its image in the eye of public.”
Justice Lodha said that there were repeated attempts being made to spread incorrect information about the functioning and decisions of the collegium whereas the collegium members were more concerned about the purity of system.
Justice Lodha’s observations had come a day after former SC Judge Markandey Katju alleged former CJI S H Kapadia, besides three other ex-CJIs, were informed by him about corrupt practices of some HC judges but they all failed to take action.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched