BJP on Wednesday urged the Election Commission to derecognise Congress as a national party,accusing it and its Vice President Rahul Gandhi of repeatedly violating the Model Code of Conduct.
A party delegation met the Chief Election Commissioner and lodged a complaint against Rahul for allegedly equating BJP government in Chhattisgarh with “thieves and looters” at a rally on November 16.
The delegation led by BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi also complained against him for alleging in a rally in Delhi on November 17 that BJP created social tension in Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Instead of disassociating itself from Rahul’s statements,Congress has actively endorsed his speeches and thus violated the Model Code of Conduct,BJP said.
“He (Rahul) made false,defamatory,derogatory and baseless allegations against BJP…which can create hatred against BJP in the minds of people…,” it said.
BJP also accused the Congress leader of spreading a “false and baseless” notion that BJP was responsible for the killing of the then Chhattisgarh Congress President Nand Kumar Patel,who died in a Naxal attack along with several other party leaders on May 25.
The party also submitted copies of advertisements put out by Congress in Madhya Pradesh,which branded its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as “feku (braggart)”,asking people to “enjoy his lies” but vote for Congress.
“Congress and its leader are flouting the Model Code with impunity time and again…Therefore,it is high time that strict action is initiated against Rahul Gandhi and Congress for repeatedly violating Model Code of Conduct,undermining the Election Commission,” it said,demanding that the national party status of Congress be withdrawn.
EC had recently ticked off Rahul expressing displeasure over the “tone,tenor and content” of certain remarks made during poll campaign where he said Pakistan’s ISI was in touch with Muzaffarnagar riot victims.
Naqvi,however,defended Modi for his “khooni panja” (bloody claw) remarks against Congress,saying he has submitted his clarification to the Commission.
“It’s an attack on symbol. It’s not personal. They are free to attack our symbol,” he told reporters.