In a security lapse, a 35-year-old mentally disturbed on Wednesday entered the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and damaged the main door at the old Assembly building, a highly secured area, police said.
He was later nabbed and was being questioned, they said. One Ashok Reddy, who seemed to be under “mental depression”, after scaling the gate No.1 of the Assembly building in the morning hours entered the premises and broke the main door of the building and sat inside the meeting hall, a senior police official said.
“The staff alerted the police after noticing Ashok Reddy sitting inside and verifying the CCTV footage, he has been taken into custody,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) V B Kamalasan Reddy said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Ashok Reddy, belonging to Warangal district of Telangana, is a private employee and was staying along with his wife at Banjara Hills here for the past five months. According to his family members, he had left his house at 5 AM today, the police officer said.
“He seems to be under mental depression and was behaving abnormally for the past few months and last evening he was also taken to a hospital,” he said. A case has been registered against Ashok Reddy in connection with the incident and he is being questioned, police said.
Necessary action will be taken against those responsible for the security lapse after further investigations.
Post bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh state, the first session of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was held in the old Assembly building last month.