In a security lapse, a 35-year-old mentally disturbed on Wednesday entered the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and damaged the main door at the old Assembly building, a highly secured area, police said.
He was later nabbed and was being questioned, they said. One Ashok Reddy, who seemed to be under “mental depression”, after scaling the gate No.1 of the Assembly building in the morning hours entered the premises and broke the main door of the building and sat inside the meeting hall, a senior police official said.
“The staff alerted the police after noticing Ashok Reddy sitting inside and verifying the CCTV footage, he has been taken into custody,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) V B Kamalasan Reddy said.
Ashok Reddy, belonging to Warangal district of Telangana, is a private employee and was staying along with his wife at Banjara Hills here for the past five months. According to his family members, he had left his house at 5 AM today, the police officer said.
“He seems to be under mental depression and was behaving abnormally for the past few months and last evening he was also taken to a hospital,” he said. A case has been registered against Ashok Reddy in connection with the incident and he is being questioned, police said.
Necessary action will be taken against those responsible for the security lapse after further investigations.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Post bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh state, the first session of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was held in the old Assembly building last month.