Delhi Congress on Tuesday attacked former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal over his new residence in Civil Lines area claiming that the AAP chief has developed a habit of living in sprawling houses by wasting poor people’s money.
“Arvind Kejriwal had been paying rent of Rs 85,000 using the hard earned money of the poor people and taxpayer by taking undue advantage of politics. No common man would muster courage to live in an 800 square yard house in Civil Lines area that too when it is stuck in a legal tangle over ownership,” said Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) Chief Spokesperson Mukesh Sharma.
AAP office on Hanuman Road is also a disputed property. It appears like Kejriwal has decided to break law by always looking for a disputed property, he said. Sharma further claimed that in a bid to avoid paying rentof Rs 85,000 per month, Kejriwal wanted to get the Tilak Lane flat transferred on his wife’s name citing she is due to b promoted as Income Tax Commissioner after which she would have been authorized to stay in the house.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I want to clear that Kejriwal’s wife is 1994-batch IRS officer and as per the existing law, C2 category house cannot be allotted to her as of now. 1994-batch officers can only be allotted a house under B2 category,” said Sharma. He said that Kejriwal has a secret pact with the BJP as New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has recently written a letter to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) seeking a nod to allot a house to every NDMC member. Since Kejriwal is an NDMC member, he would also be allotted a house under the proposal very soon.
“I demand a CBI enquiry into Kejriwal’s habit of seeking disputed property,” said Sharma. Sharma said that Congress party is concerned over the Delhi University’s students. “It’s very unfortunate that DU vice chancellor Dinesh Singh has resigned from his post. It appears like Human Resource Department (HRD) is playing with the future of DU students. The interest of students should have been top priority,” said Sharma.
Responding to the allegations, AAP spokesperson, Deepak Bajpai, said that these are very trivial issues and pointsmade by Sharma do not deserve even a response. “Sharma should discuss politics, price rise and problemsthat country is facing rather than diverting the discourse,” said Bajpai.