At the two-day Governors’ meeting convened by President Pranab Mukherjee last week, Karnataka Governor Hansraj Bhardwaj appeared upset and angry at the Centre. He was apparently unhappy over the lack of proactive support from the central government in the fight against corruption. While Bhardwaj had several run-ins with the previous BJP government in Karnataka, especially when B S Yeddyurappa was at the helm, it was not clear to those present what was the context of his complaints now. He is said to have spoken about the issue on both days of the two-day meet at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Saving the day
Deputy National Security Advisor N S Sandhu came to the rescue of the National Security Guard (NSG) to fill in as the chief guest of a function organised by the National Bomb Data Centre, one of the anti-terrorist units. Earlier, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde was to deliver the key note address at the function on February 19, but a politically heated environment has kept him busy of late. The NSG decided to rope in Sandhu as Home Secretary Anil Goswami was also tied up.
This is a social media hoax that reappears almost every year and even manages to fool the knowledgeable. On each Valentine’s Day, messages and posts appear on most networking sites, asking people to not forget that freedom fighter Bhagat Singh died for the nation on the same day. These messages are usually posted by seemingly right-leaning people on the social media. The only problem is that the freedom fighter did not die on February 14 but was executed by the British in Lahore on March 23.
WITH the killing of Arunachal Pradesh teenager Nido Tania setting off a debate on racial bias against people from the Northeast and spawning demands for enactment of an anti-racism law, the boy’s parents were disarmed when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told them that the people of Arunachal Pradesh are more Indian than any Indian and spoke better Hindi than even him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More