A Delhi businessman was penalised by traffic police for “rash driving” after his car overtook the cavalcade of Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
A police officer, who did not wish to be named, said the car of Saurabh Rastogi, a businessman who lives in Paschim Vihar, was chased and intercepted by police after Vadra’s securityman called the police control room and complained that a car had driven past “dangerously”.
The officer said Rastogi was headed towards Lajpat Nagar from the Modi Mill flyover in Okhla at the time of the incident.
“Rastogi was in a Maruti Ritz and Vadra’s cavalcade was ahead of him. We were told he had been honking continuously. In a bid to overtake the cavalcade, he accelerated and sped past Vadra’s car. It was then that a securityman travelling with Vadra made a PCR call. The traffic police were also informed,” the officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rastogi’s car was chased by traffic policemen and intercepted near Amar Colony in south-east Delhi. “He was issued a challan for dangerous driving under Section 184 of the Motor Vehicles Act and let off,” the officer said.