A Delhi businessman was penalised by traffic police for “rash driving” after his car overtook the cavalcade of Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
A police officer, who did not wish to be named, said the car of Saurabh Rastogi, a businessman who lives in Paschim Vihar, was chased and intercepted by police after Vadra’s securityman called the police control room and complained that a car had driven past “dangerously”.
The officer said Rastogi was headed towards Lajpat Nagar from the Modi Mill flyover in Okhla at the time of the incident.
“Rastogi was in a Maruti Ritz and Vadra’s cavalcade was ahead of him. We were told he had been honking continuously. In a bid to overtake the cavalcade, he accelerated and sped past Vadra’s car. It was then that a securityman travelling with Vadra made a PCR call. The traffic police were also informed,” the officer said.
Rastogi’s car was chased by traffic policemen and intercepted near Amar Colony in south-east Delhi. “He was issued a challan for dangerous driving under Section 184 of the Motor Vehicles Act and let off,” the officer said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review