The high pollution level in Delhi is one of the reasons why Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was forced to go for a detoxification programme at the Jindal Institute of Naturecure in Bangalore last month, doctors who treated him told The Indian Express.
“The high level of pollution from vehicles, dust, smoke and factories, especially during the election campaign when he was travelling around the city, might have caused accumulation of toxins in his body and that required immediate attention,” chief medical officer at the institute Dr Babina Nandakumar said.
Kejriwal was at the institute from March 6-16. Though he was primarily diagnosed with high blood sugar level and a chronic cough, doctors also found that a stressful lifestyle and the living conditions in Delhi were responsible for his ill health.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Kejriwal underwent a gamut of treatment regimes, including naturopathy and yoga therapy, at the institute, which also made sure he got a healthy diet and clean air.
Doctors said Kejriwal’s blood sugar dropped from 300 mg/dl to a more stable 180 mg/dl after his treatment. His immunity levels improved and the cough reduced by 75 per cent, they added.