A professor of a city based deemed university set a world record on Thursday by delivering a marathon non-stop lecture for more than 130 hours at the varsity auditorium.
26-year-old Arvind Mishra, an assistant professor at Dehradun’s Graphic Era University where he teaches Mechanical Engineering completed 130 hours of his lecture at 4 pm this evening, surpassing the world record of non-stop lecture which stood in the name of a Polish teacher who delivered a lecture for 121 hours in 2009, HoD of the University’s Media and Mass Communications department Subhash Gupta said.
The young professor is still going on as he wants to increase the margin between his record and that of the Polish teacher Errol Muzawazi whose feat of 121-hour non-stop teaching still adorns the pages of Guinness Book of World Records, Gupta said.
A panel of the Guiness Book of World Records is also keeping an eye through live streaming on the marathon lecture being held by Mishra at the University’s MBA auditorium to a mixed audience of students and teachers.
The university’s chairman Kamal Ghanshala has announced a cash award of Rs 1 lakh and two out-of-turn promotions for the assistant professor for his rare feat.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More