A woman, who had allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a well as now been ‘booked’ for allegedly murdering her 15-month-old son before taking the extreme step in a village in Thane, police said on Wednesday.
On June 20, the villagers of Vadavali-Dongripada had found the body of a woman, identified as Kajal Valvi, 20, and her son Rahil, floating in the village well, PI Sunil Goankar of Talasari police station told PTI.
Police had initially registered a case of accidental death, and sent the bodies for postmortem. After the investigation, police had arrested Kajal’s husband Sagar, 21, on charge of abetment to suicide.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, last evening the father-in-law of the deceased woman, Suresh Valvi, complained to the police by alleging that before jumping into the well, Kajal had “murdered” her son, Goankar said.
The postmortem report also confirmed that the boy had been strangulated to death, he added.
Based on the statement given by her father-in-law, police booked the dead woman, police said.
According to the police, Sagar and Kajal used to quarrel over petty issues. On June 19, an argument broke out between the couple and disturbed over it, Kajal first strangled her son with a ‘dupatta’, then took his body along and jumped into the well, police said.
Further investigation is on, police said.