A woman, who had allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a well as now been ‘booked’ for allegedly murdering her 15-month-old son before taking the extreme step in a village in Thane, police said on Wednesday.
On June 20, the villagers of Vadavali-Dongripada had found the body of a woman, identified as Kajal Valvi, 20, and her son Rahil, floating in the village well, PI Sunil Goankar of Talasari police station told PTI.
Police had initially registered a case of accidental death, and sent the bodies for postmortem. After the investigation, police had arrested Kajal’s husband Sagar, 21, on charge of abetment to suicide.
However, last evening the father-in-law of the deceased woman, Suresh Valvi, complained to the police by alleging that before jumping into the well, Kajal had “murdered” her son, Goankar said.
The postmortem report also confirmed that the boy had been strangulated to death, he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Based on the statement given by her father-in-law, police booked the dead woman, police said.
According to the police, Sagar and Kajal used to quarrel over petty issues. On June 19, an argument broke out between the couple and disturbed over it, Kajal first strangled her son with a ‘dupatta’, then took his body along and jumped into the well, police said.
Further investigation is on, police said.