A day after terrorists targeted an Army camp in Jammu’s Kathua district, the Border Security Force Saturday said they were searching for a tunnel along the Pakistan border from where the infiltration could have taken place since there was no apparent “breach of fence”.
A top BSF officer said a physical inspection had been initiated to check the presence of any tunnel along the 179-km International Border (IB) in Jammu. Two years ago, the BSF had discovered a 400-metre-long tunnel in the Punjab sector along the IB.
“The security along the Jammu border was already high due Narendra Modi’s visit to Hiranagar two days ago. We have scoured the border but haven’t found any breach of fence. We have a strong suspicion there is a tunnel from where infiltration is taking place. Our teams are looking for it,” said the officer.
A formal inquiry has been ordered to probe the security lapse on the part of the BSF.
“It is also possible they could have come from some other area and stationed themselves here for days before launching an attack,” the official added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review