A Dalit teenager’s wrist was cut off by seniors at a village school near Madurai for wearing a wrist watch.
The incident happened on Wednesday night when a gang of seniors waylaid P Ramesh, 16, and attacked him with knives. He was admitted to Sivakasi government hospital.
Police said the boy was questioned by his seniors when they found him wearing a watch in the school on Monday. “After they removed it from his wrist and and tried to throw it away, he tried to resist them and there was a fight. Two days later, while he was walking near the Thiruthangal railway station, a 15-member gang including his seniors waylaid him and cut his wrists with knives,” said the police officer.
After the attack, the boy himself approached a private hospital and later shifted to Sivakasi Government Hospital.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More