A Dalit teenager’s wrist was cut off by seniors at a village school near Madurai for wearing a wrist watch.
The incident happened on Wednesday night when a gang of seniors waylaid P Ramesh, 16, and attacked him with knives. He was admitted to Sivakasi government hospital.
Police said the boy was questioned by his seniors when they found him wearing a watch in the school on Monday. “After they removed it from his wrist and and tried to throw it away, he tried to resist them and there was a fight. Two days later, while he was walking near the Thiruthangal railway station, a 15-member gang including his seniors waylaid him and cut his wrists with knives,” said the police officer.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
After the attack, the boy himself approached a private hospital and later shifted to Sivakasi Government Hospital.