A special court here has issued an arrest warrant against terminated Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Tinoo and Arvind Joshi and sent his two NRI sisters besides six others allegedly involved in the Rs 42 crore disproportionate assets case to jail.
The arrest warrants were issued by Special Judge Dinesh Kumar Mishra late last evening as the couple failed to appear in court even for a single hearing.
Inspector General (IG) Lokayukta, Ashok Awasthi said the court has fixed September 9, as the next date of hearing in the case and till that time police have to execute the arrest warrant against the tainted duo and others.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The court has directed to execute the arrest warrant against Joshi’s NRI sisters Abha and Vibha through Interpol via CBI. The accused, both 1979 batch IAS officers were charged with accumulating huge wealth, grossly disproportionate to their known sources of income.
Lokayukta Police had submitted its charge sheet against the IAS couple and 18 others in the case on February 22, under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Both Arvind and Tinoo were terminated from service last month, nearly four years after income tax sleuths at a raid on their official residence in 74 Bungalows area here unearthed over Rs three crore unaccounted cash. After the 2010 IT raid, Lokayukta Police also took suo motu cognisance of the matter and registered a case against the couple.
Soon after the raids, the state government too had ordered an enquiry against them which was conducted by former Chief Secretary Nirmala Buch. The court sent their six associates– Pawan Agrawal, SP Kohli, Srimath Kohli, Lalit Jaggi, Seema Jaiswal and Santosh Jaiswal– to jail.