The Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the police firing at Naidkhai in which an 18-year-old youth was killed.
The State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has also taken suo motu cognisance of the death of youth. Curfew and restrictions were imposed in the old part of the town, Baramulla, Sopore, Bandipore and a few localities in Sonwari in a bid thwart protesters.
JKLF chairman Yasin Malik, moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and other separatist leaders were also put under house arrest.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The police has already registered an open FIR in the case. Deputy Commissioner Bandipore Shah Faesal said a probe has been ordered into the incident and it will be conducted by the local Additional Deputy Commissioner.
Meanwhile, SHRC acting chairman Rafiq Fida has taken the suo motu cognisance of the incident and directed the J&K’s director general of police to file factual report about the incident.
The panel has also summoned father of the deceased youth for recording the statement about the incident.
Friday evening, protests broke out in north Kashmir after police opened fire on a group of protesters at Naidkhai, killing a Class X student and injuring two others.
Locals said that IRP personnel, guarding the house of Higher Education Minister Akbar Lone were involved in the firing incident. A police spokesperson, said a mob attacked a security force vehicle and to disperse the agitators the personnel fired in air.