The Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the police firing at Naidkhai in which an 18-year-old youth was killed.
The State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has also taken suo motu cognisance of the death of youth. Curfew and restrictions were imposed in the old part of the town, Baramulla, Sopore, Bandipore and a few localities in Sonwari in a bid thwart protesters.
JKLF chairman Yasin Malik, moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and other separatist leaders were also put under house arrest.
The police has already registered an open FIR in the case. Deputy Commissioner Bandipore Shah Faesal said a probe has been ordered into the incident and it will be conducted by the local Additional Deputy Commissioner.
Meanwhile, SHRC acting chairman Rafiq Fida has taken the suo motu cognisance of the incident and directed the J&K’s director general of police to file factual report about the incident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The panel has also summoned father of the deceased youth for recording the statement about the incident.
Friday evening, protests broke out in north Kashmir after police opened fire on a group of protesters at Naidkhai, killing a Class X student and injuring two others.
Locals said that IRP personnel, guarding the house of Higher Education Minister Akbar Lone were involved in the firing incident. A police spokesperson, said a mob attacked a security force vehicle and to disperse the agitators the personnel fired in air.