Curfew and restrictions were imposed in parts of Kashmir valley for the second day Sunday following the death of an 18-year-old boy in Naidkhai Friday. Separatist leaders including Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, meanwhile, called for a shutdown to protest the incident.
J&K Police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were deployed in huge numbers in parts of old Srinagar and people were forced to stay in their homes.
The police said they have imposed restrictions in Srinagar to prevent people from protesting. Restrictions on civilian movement were imposed in parts of Bandipore district, Baramulla and Sopore.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police said that in parts of Bandipore, Hajin and Baramulla, people took to the streets and pelted stones at police.