Four persons were injured when a country-made bomb exploded in a residential area on Saturday, sparking tension in this temple town in Tamil Nadu, which is on high alert after the twin blasts on Kaziranga Express in Chennai on Thursday that claimed a woman’s life.
The incident occurred in a room located above a medical shop here, and one person, identified as Arul and working in a prominent university, was among four who sustained serious injuries, police said.
The explosion is said to have damaged Arul’s eyesight while three others have also been admitted in hospitals.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police are probing whether the injured were involved in making of country bombs in their rooms even as they have cordoned off the area. Bomb disposal teams also examined the site.
The incident created panic among locals as it came two days after the blast on the Bangalore-Guwahati Express at Central railway station in Chennai in which a 24 year-old techie was killed and 14 others were injured. The state is on a high alert following the May day explosion.