Four persons were injured when a country-made bomb exploded in a residential area on Saturday, sparking tension in this temple town in Tamil Nadu, which is on high alert after the twin blasts on Kaziranga Express in Chennai on Thursday that claimed a woman’s life.
The incident occurred in a room located above a medical shop here, and one person, identified as Arul and working in a prominent university, was among four who sustained serious injuries, police said.
The explosion is said to have damaged Arul’s eyesight while three others have also been admitted in hospitals.
Police are probing whether the injured were involved in making of country bombs in their rooms even as they have cordoned off the area. Bomb disposal teams also examined the site.
The incident created panic among locals as it came two days after the blast on the Bangalore-Guwahati Express at Central railway station in Chennai in which a 24 year-old techie was killed and 14 others were injured. The state is on a high alert following the May day explosion.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More