A crude bomb exploded in a rubber plantation in Goalpara district in connection with rivalry between two groups of people claiming ownership over the plantation, a police official said today.
None was injured in the explosion, Goalpara district Superintendent of Police Nitul Gogoi told PTI.
- Freed after 105 days, Assam activist Akhil Gogoi says Sonowal is puppet of Delhi
- ISIS-inspired Bangladeshi bomber arrested after blast in New York subway
- One killed in bomb blast in Assam
- 2 ULFA couriers carrying bomb to Guwahati killed in blast
- Seven gunned down in Assam village,night curfew on
- Six persons injured in bomb explosion
The bomb exploded inside an abandoned house late last night in the rubber plantation in Bandarmatha forest under Lakhipur police station, in a bid to scare the rival group, Gogoi said.
One group had started the rubber plantation while the other was trying to forcibly occupy the land leading to a fight between them, he said.