A CRPF officer killed on Friday during an anti-Naxal operation in Jharkhand’s Giridih district.
The incident happened early on Friday when a joint squad of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police was out for an operation in Lakheri area of Giridih district.
Officials said a heavy exchange of fire took place between the two sides and CRPF’s second-in-command H K Jha was seriously injured in the encounter.
“The officer later succumbed to his injuries.No other injuries have been inflicted on the forces side,” a senior officer said.
During the operation, two Naxalites have been held with some arms and ammunition and a search operation has been launched in the area, the official said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review