A CRPF officer killed on Friday during an anti-Naxal operation in Jharkhand’s Giridih district.
The incident happened early on Friday when a joint squad of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police was out for an operation in Lakheri area of Giridih district.
Officials said a heavy exchange of fire took place between the two sides and CRPF’s second-in-command H K Jha was seriously injured in the encounter.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The officer later succumbed to his injuries.No other injuries have been inflicted on the forces side,” a senior officer said.
During the operation, two Naxalites have been held with some arms and ammunition and a search operation has been launched in the area, the official said.