A CRPF jawan was killed on Saturday in an exchange of fire with naxals in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The incident took place at Murdanda village under the Avapalli police limits when a CRPF patrol team from 168th battalion were proceeding for a road-opening, and naxals opened indiscriminate fire leaving one jawan dead, DIG, SIB of Chhattisgarh police Dipanshu Kabra informed.
The security personnel also fired in retaliation. The face-off continued for a while following which jawan Jignesh Patel was killed on the spot.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Meanwhile, additional forces have been rushed to the spot and anti-naxal operations have been intensified in the Maoist-infested area following the incident.