The Congress government on Thursday said the conspiracy behind the murder of CPI(M) rebel T P Chandrasekharan would be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala told the media that the preliminary probe by a state police team has revealed high-level political conspiracy behind the murder. CPI(M) had helped the killers go into hiding. The police have demanded that a national level agency should probe into the conspiracy . Hence, we have decided to hand over the probe into the conspiracy to CBI.
He said the accused had got financial support, but the source of finance was not probed into. Gold smuggler Fayas had visited CPI (M) leader P Mohanan and the killer gang in jail while they were in judicial custody.
Earlier in February, Chandrasekharan’s widow K K Rama had held a fast in front of the state secretariat, demanding CBI probe. The issue got a twist with Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan demanding probe into the smuggler’s visit to the prison to meet the killer gang. Later, based on Rama’s fresh complaint alleging high-level political conspiracy, police registered a fresh case. Rama, however, had not named any CPI (M) leader in the complaint.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review