A local court on Thursday fixed the hearing on four different applications filed by Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a junior woman colleague, and the Crime Branch to March 21.
The Fast Track Court ordered that it will hear the three applications by Tejpal and an application by Crime Branch filed before it on March 21.
The judge today adjourned the matter giving time to the prosecution to file reply on the applications filed by the defence.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tejpal, 50, has moved three different applications before the fast track court, including one wherein he has stated that the charge sheet filed against him by Crime Branch has disclosed the identity of the victim.
The charge sheet, he said, is a public document.
The journalist has also sought the entire evidence produced against him by the probing agency and the third application mentions that the investigating officer had not taken defence into confidence during committal of the case.
The crime branch has also applied to the court seeking to file supplementary charge sheet in the case.
The investigating officer has said that they are yet to get more evidence, like statement from Hollywood actor Robert de Niro (who was present in the hotel during the incident), and forensic report of the material collected from the accused, victim and other witnesses.
Earlier, the Goa bench of Bombay High Court had fixed the hearing on bail plea of Tejpal for tomorrow.
Tejpal has been behind bars for allegedly raping a junior woman colleague during Tehelka’s Thinkfest in Goa in November last year.
He is presently lodged in Sada sub-jail in Vasco, about 35 kms from here.