A local court on Thursday fixed the hearing on four different applications filed by Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a junior woman colleague, and the Crime Branch to March 21.
The Fast Track Court ordered that it will hear the three applications by Tejpal and an application by Crime Branch filed before it on March 21.
The judge today adjourned the matter giving time to the prosecution to file reply on the applications filed by the defence.
Tejpal, 50, has moved three different applications before the fast track court, including one wherein he has stated that the charge sheet filed against him by Crime Branch has disclosed the identity of the victim.
The charge sheet, he said, is a public document.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The journalist has also sought the entire evidence produced against him by the probing agency and the third application mentions that the investigating officer had not taken defence into confidence during committal of the case.
The crime branch has also applied to the court seeking to file supplementary charge sheet in the case.
The investigating officer has said that they are yet to get more evidence, like statement from Hollywood actor Robert de Niro (who was present in the hotel during the incident), and forensic report of the material collected from the accused, victim and other witnesses.
Earlier, the Goa bench of Bombay High Court had fixed the hearing on bail plea of Tejpal for tomorrow.
Tejpal has been behind bars for allegedly raping a junior woman colleague during Tehelka’s Thinkfest in Goa in November last year.
He is presently lodged in Sada sub-jail in Vasco, about 35 kms from here.