A sessions court judge sentenced a middle-aged man to 10 years rigorous imprisonment and a Rs 5000 fine for raping an eight-year-old neighbor.
Paul Zadinga, 50, was found guilty of the crime on March 10. His sentence was handed down by Sessions Court judge Vanlalenmawia on Friday in Mizoram capital Aizawl.
- Chandigarh: Man gets 20-year jail for raping his 2 minor daughters, fined Rs 2.05 lakh
- Man gets life term for raping 8-year-old girl in Mumbai
- Indore man gets death sentence three weeks after raping, killing infant
- Victim denies rape, Delhi court relies on FSL report to convict man
- Kolkata man arrested for ‘raping’ mentally-ill minor stepdaughter
- Man gets 10 years in jail for raping minor
Aizawl resident Zadinga has been accused of raping an eight-year-old girl between November 21 and 23, 2012. He was arrested after local women leaders filed an FIR on the victims’ behalf on December 9.
Zadinga had earlier been accused of molesting at least two other girls — one of them also an eight-year-old, and the other 11 — but no formal charges had been leveled against him although the local women’s body had come to hear of it and summoned him over the incidents.
In the third case, which was reported to police, a medical examination indicated rape had taken place and Zadinga was booked and charged with raping a minor.