A sessions court judge sentenced a middle-aged man to 10 years rigorous imprisonment and a Rs 5000 fine for raping an eight-year-old neighbor.
Paul Zadinga, 50, was found guilty of the crime on March 10. His sentence was handed down by Sessions Court judge Vanlalenmawia on Friday in Mizoram capital Aizawl.
- Delhi Police arrest 21-yr-old for raping minor girl who delivered a child
- Four rape cases reported in a day from across Delhi
- Man held for raping minor in northwest Delhi
- Jaipur: Retired IAS officer arrested on charges of raping girl in 2013
- Man gets 10 years in jail for raping four-year-old in Mumbai
- Man gets 10 years in jail for raping minor
Aizawl resident Zadinga has been accused of raping an eight-year-old girl between November 21 and 23, 2012. He was arrested after local women leaders filed an FIR on the victims’ behalf on December 9.
Zadinga had earlier been accused of molesting at least two other girls — one of them also an eight-year-old, and the other 11 — but no formal charges had been leveled against him although the local women’s body had come to hear of it and summoned him over the incidents.
In the third case, which was reported to police, a medical examination indicated rape had taken place and Zadinga was booked and charged with raping a minor.