A Delhi court on Wednesday granted three days transit remand of Ranjit Kumar Kohli alias Rakibul Hussain, accused of deceiving national shooter Tara Shahdeo into marriage and forcing her to convert to Islam, to Jharkhand Police.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Satish Kumar Arora sent Kohli and his 65-year old mother Kaushlya Rani to transit remand asking the Jharkhand Police to produce them before the concerned court within three days.
“I have heard the submissions of Special Cell, Delhi Police and gone through the records that NBW have been issued against accused Ranjit Kumar Kohli and his mother by the CJM court, Ranchi.
“Transit remand is granted for three days,” the CMM said.
The accused was produced in the court amidst tight security provided by the Delhi Police and the Jharkhand Police sleuths.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Commotion prevailed in the court room when lawyers tried to click pictures of the accused following which the CMM ordered for in-chamber proceedings.
During the in-chamber hearing, the Delhi Police informed the court that Kohli was arrested at 10:30 PM last night near Dwarka sector 6 market while his mother was arrested on Wednesday from Nasirpur area in Dwarka where she was staying with his son’s friend.
The investigating officer Brahmajeet said that Kohli was nabbed while he was making calls to his mother and friends in Kohli from the mobile of strangers in order to evade arrest.
Police has also seized a laptop and money from Kohli.
A case of deceit, exploitation and torture was lodged in Ranchi by Kohli’s newly-wed wife Tara.
In her FIR, Tara alleged that she came to know about her husband’s faith only after marriage. She also alleged that her husband assaulted her when she refused to convert.
Tara said she was able to send SMS to her family on August 19 when she got an opportunity to text after being taken to Delhi that led to her rescue.
Non bailable warrants (NBW) were issued against Kohli and his mother by Ranchi court on August 25.
Ranchi Superintendent of Police had yesterday said that Tara married Kohli alias Rakibul Hussain with her consent on July 7 this year and that he has recently started believing Islam.