A Delhi court on Wednesday granted three days transit remand of Ranjit Kumar Kohli alias Rakibul Hussain, accused of deceiving national shooter Tara Shahdeo into marriage and forcing her to convert to Islam, to Jharkhand Police.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Satish Kumar Arora sent Kohli and his 65-year old mother Kaushlya Rani to transit remand asking the Jharkhand Police to produce them before the concerned court within three days.
“I have heard the submissions of Special Cell, Delhi Police and gone through the records that NBW have been issued against accused Ranjit Kumar Kohli and his mother by the CJM court, Ranchi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Transit remand is granted for three days,” the CMM said.
The accused was produced in the court amidst tight security provided by the Delhi Police and the Jharkhand Police sleuths.
Commotion prevailed in the court room when lawyers tried to click pictures of the accused following which the CMM ordered for in-chamber proceedings.
During the in-chamber hearing, the Delhi Police informed the court that Kohli was arrested at 10:30 PM last night near Dwarka sector 6 market while his mother was arrested on Wednesday from Nasirpur area in Dwarka where she was staying with his son’s friend.
The investigating officer Brahmajeet said that Kohli was nabbed while he was making calls to his mother and friends in Kohli from the mobile of strangers in order to evade arrest.
Police has also seized a laptop and money from Kohli.
A case of deceit, exploitation and torture was lodged in Ranchi by Kohli’s newly-wed wife Tara.
In her FIR, Tara alleged that she came to know about her husband’s faith only after marriage. She also alleged that her husband assaulted her when she refused to convert.
Tara said she was able to send SMS to her family on August 19 when she got an opportunity to text after being taken to Delhi that led to her rescue.
Non bailable warrants (NBW) were issued against Kohli and his mother by Ranchi court on August 25.
Ranchi Superintendent of Police had yesterday said that Tara married Kohli alias Rakibul Hussain with her consent on July 7 this year and that he has recently started believing Islam.