A special CBI court Tuesday rejected the agency’s closure report in Kunda Deputy SP Ziaul Haq’s murder case and ordered further investigation. UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya is the key accused in the case.
Haq’s wife Parveen Azad had challenged the CBI’s closure report. Raja Bhaiyya, a cabinet minister for Food & Civil Supply, was removed after he was named in the DySP’s murder case. He was re-inducted in the cabinet after CBI gave him a clean chit.
CBI counsel J Ansari confirmed: “The court has rejected the closure report and has ordered for further investigation”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Haq was killed when he had gone to take stock of the situation after the murder of a pradhan (village head) at Balipur village in Kunda area of Pratapgarh on March 2 last year.
The CBI filed a closure report on July 31, 2013 for “want of evidence”, stating that Azad’s allegations were not supported by evidence.