A local court has directed the police to inquire into a complaint of rape against a ruling BJD MLA and his associate in Orissa.
Janaki Rout, Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate, Udala in Mayurbhanj district, on Monday directed police to inquire into the alleged rape of a 35-year-old woman by BJD MLA Srinath Soren and his associate Swarup Das alias Bula.
In a complaint to the court, the woman from Talapadia village alleged that the MLA and his associate had raped her at his residence on January three when she demanded that he return Rs 1 lakh given to the legistator for getting a job.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The MLA denied the allegation and said it was a ploy by his opponents to tarnish his image ahead of elections.