A local court has directed the police to inquire into a complaint of rape against a ruling BJD MLA and his associate in Orissa.
Janaki Rout, Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate, Udala in Mayurbhanj district, on Monday directed police to inquire into the alleged rape of a 35-year-old woman by BJD MLA Srinath Soren and his associate Swarup Das alias Bula.
In a complaint to the court, the woman from Talapadia village alleged that the MLA and his associate had raped her at his residence on January three when she demanded that he return Rs 1 lakh given to the legistator for getting a job.
The MLA denied the allegation and said it was a ploy by his opponents to tarnish his image ahead of elections.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched