Over an year after his arrest on charges of conspiring to revive terror in the hilly Chenab Valley region, Principal Sessions Judge, Bhaderwah, M K Sharma on Thursday ordered release of Jammu Kashmir Police’s highly decorated cop, Sub Inspector Shiv Kumar Sharma, on bail.
Giving details, sources said that the judge ordered his release subject to his furnishing a bail bond and a surety of the tune of Rs one lakh each. This followed recording of the statements of all the prosecution witnesses, most of whom had turned hostile in the court.
Sharma, who had been recipient of president’s medal for gallantry among various other awards, was arrested in June last year along with nine others on charges of conspiring to revive terrorism in hilly Doda district and adjoining areas so as to get out of turn promotions and medals. The arrests, according to police, had followed investigations into a grenade attack by some unidentified persons on Thathri police station last year.
Along with Sharma, the judge also ordered release of seven other co-accused in the case subject to their furnishing bail bond and surety to the tune of Rs one lakh each. Of the remaining two co-accused, while one was absconding and declared a proclaimed offender of the court, the other one was denied bail as he had become an approver against other co-accused including Sharma and confessed his involvement in the crime.
Sonu’s apprehension by police had raised many eye brows even within the Jammu Kashmir Police as he been always in the forefront during fight against terrorists in Chenab Valley region comprising Kishtwar, Doda and Ramban districts. On the hit list of terrorists for having killed more than 200 terrorists including their top commmanders, he was recipient of various gallantry awards and was widely known as “encounter specialist”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The BJP had alleged foul in his apprehension and demanded a high level probe into the matter.