A local court on Saturday asked Goa Government to hand over unedited portion of CCTV footage of the area near a lift in a hotel to senior journalist Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a junior woman colleague last year.
Tejpal had requested the fast track court for the footage which is part of the chargesheet filed by crime branch earlier.
The senior journalist sought the footage of the area in the starred hotel for a time period from November 7, 2013 when the crime was alleged to have happened till November 29, when he was arrested.
His lawyers had maintained that the proof of Tejpal’s “innocence” lies in the footage which was procured by the investigating agency.
The founder-editor of Tehelka magazine is lodged in a jail here in a case of alleged sexual assault of his junior woman colleague at the hotel during an event.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In its chargesheet filed on February 17, the crime branch accused Tejpal of rape, sexual harassment and outraging modesty of woman.