A local court on Saturday asked Goa Government to hand over unedited portion of CCTV footage of the area near a lift in a hotel to senior journalist Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a junior woman colleague last year.
Tejpal had requested the fast track court for the footage which is part of the chargesheet filed by crime branch earlier.
The senior journalist sought the footage of the area in the starred hotel for a time period from November 7, 2013 when the crime was alleged to have happened till November 29, when he was arrested.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
His lawyers had maintained that the proof of Tejpal’s “innocence” lies in the footage which was procured by the investigating agency.
The founder-editor of Tehelka magazine is lodged in a jail here in a case of alleged sexual assault of his junior woman colleague at the hotel during an event.
In its chargesheet filed on February 17, the crime branch accused Tejpal of rape, sexual harassment and outraging modesty of woman.