A couple allegedly committed suicide in Atkot village of Rajkot district on Friday with police seeking post-mortem by forensic experts to decipher exact cause of their deaths.
Rajesh Sakaria (35) and his wife Asha (32) were found dead inside their residence in Ghanshyam Nagar area of the village at 1 pm.
Observing no activity in the house, neighbhours alerted police only to find that the couple had committed suicide, Jadan police said.
- Ghaziabad couple found dead: Postmortem unclear, police await viscera report
- Lucknow: Cop, wife held for daughter’s death
- Man, wife found hanging at home in Delhi’s Govindpuri: Police
- Pakistan minister shot his wife and committed suicide: Police
- Pune techie, wife and four-year-old child found dead inside flat
- Pune: IT professional, wife, child found dead in home
“Rajesh was found hanging by a sari tied to ceiling of their home. His wife Asha was found dead in bed. We are unsure as to how Asha died.
Therefore, we have sent bodies of the couple to Rajkot for autopsy by forensic experts to know the exact cause of their deaths,” Ratabhai Vadher, police sub-inspector of Jasdan police station, said.
Police further said that Rajesh was a diamond-polisher while Asha was a casual labourer.
“The couple were alone at the time of the incident as their two school-going sons are away to their maternal uncle’s village of Damnagar in neighbouring Amreli district to spend vacation.
We are investigating if the couple had any domestic quarrel or financial crunch,” the PSI, who is investigating the case, further said.
As of now, Jasdan police have registered a case of accidental deaths and started further investigation.