In a new indication of the BJP’s growing confidence in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls, the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday claimed this was the first election in which the country had decided on the result even before voting.
“This is the first election when the country has decided the elections before voting. Otherwise, why should so many people assemble here on such a warm day? I bow before your effort,” Modi told the crowd which had turned up despite a state bandh called by the Maoists.
“You have rejected them (Maoists) by coming here today. After I form the government, I will ensure that your wait does not go in vain,” he said during a 35-minute speech.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Modi branded this election unique for what he said was the amount of support he has been receiving. “Usually, people come together to throw a government out of power. It is for the first time that people are coming together to say, ‘Modi ko makaan do’. People are coming together to make Modi Prime Minister, to give Modi power,” he said.