- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Country has decided even before voting, claims Narendra Modi
In a new indication of the BJP’s growing confidence in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls, the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday claimed this was the first election in which the country had decided on the result even before voting.
“This is the first election when the country has decided the elections before voting. Otherwise, why should so many people assemble here on such a warm day? I bow before your effort,” Modi told the crowd which had turned up despite a state bandh called by the Maoists.
“You have rejected them (Maoists) by coming here today. After I form the government, I will ensure that your wait does not go in vain,” he said during a 35-minute speech.
Modi branded this election unique for what he said was the amount of support he has been receiving. “Usually, people come together to throw a government out of power. It is for the first time that people are coming together to say, ‘Modi ko makaan do’. People are coming together to make Modi Prime Minister, to give Modi power,” he said.