In a new indication of the BJP’s growing confidence in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls, the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday claimed this was the first election in which the country had decided on the result even before voting.
“This is the first election when the country has decided the elections before voting. Otherwise, why should so many people assemble here on such a warm day? I bow before your effort,” Modi told the crowd which had turned up despite a state bandh called by the Maoists.
“You have rejected them (Maoists) by coming here today. After I form the government, I will ensure that your wait does not go in vain,” he said during a 35-minute speech.
Modi branded this election unique for what he said was the amount of support he has been receiving. “Usually, people come together to throw a government out of power. It is for the first time that people are coming together to say, ‘Modi ko makaan do’. People are coming together to make Modi Prime Minister, to give Modi power,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016