The Lucknow police stealthily whisked away Sahara chief Subrata Roy from a forest department guesthouse at Kukrail picnic spot Monday afternoon for his production in the Supreme Court Tuesday.
The SC had issued a non-bailable warrant against him for defying summons.
As mediapersons waited at the main gate of the guesthouse, where Roy had been lodged since Friday night after his arrest, the police slipped out of the rear gate with him and left for Delhi by road.
Earlier, Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Habibul Hasan reached the picnic spot around noon. A Scorpio was brought around 1 pm, apparently to take Roy to Delhi.
Around an hour later, Gomti Nagar station house officer (SHO) Ajit Singh Chauhan reached Kukrail.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Congress leader Ammar Rizvi, too, had arrived to meet Roy. He said he had come as “his friend is in trouble”. “But I could not get a chance to meet him. I have left my name outside his room,” he said later.
BJP MLA from Deoria Janmejaya Singh and BJP leader Mahendra Yadav, too, came to see Roy as he belonged to their “area” (Gorakhpur). They were also denied entry.
Around 3 pm, ASP Hasan exited from the main gate. Soon, information came that the policemen have left with Roy from the rear gate of the guesthouse even as security remained at the main gate.
Lucknow Range DIG Navniet Sekera said Roy was taken to Delhi by road via Kanpur and Agra. He said they will reach Delhi late night and stay at any guesthouse in Delhi or NCR.
A police team led by SHO Chauhan is learnt to have accompanied Roy.