The Lucknow police stealthily whisked away Sahara chief Subrata Roy from a forest department guesthouse at Kukrail picnic spot Monday afternoon for his production in the Supreme Court Tuesday.
The SC had issued a non-bailable warrant against him for defying summons.
As mediapersons waited at the main gate of the guesthouse, where Roy had been lodged since Friday night after his arrest, the police slipped out of the rear gate with him and left for Delhi by road.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Habibul Hasan reached the picnic spot around noon. A Scorpio was brought around 1 pm, apparently to take Roy to Delhi.
Around an hour later, Gomti Nagar station house officer (SHO) Ajit Singh Chauhan reached Kukrail.
Congress leader Ammar Rizvi, too, had arrived to meet Roy. He said he had come as “his friend is in trouble”. “But I could not get a chance to meet him. I have left my name outside his room,” he said later.
BJP MLA from Deoria Janmejaya Singh and BJP leader Mahendra Yadav, too, came to see Roy as he belonged to their “area” (Gorakhpur). They were also denied entry.
Around 3 pm, ASP Hasan exited from the main gate. Soon, information came that the policemen have left with Roy from the rear gate of the guesthouse even as security remained at the main gate.
Lucknow Range DIG Navniet Sekera said Roy was taken to Delhi by road via Kanpur and Agra. He said they will reach Delhi late night and stay at any guesthouse in Delhi or NCR.
A police team led by SHO Chauhan is learnt to have accompanied Roy.