Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan told a Chinese parliamentary delegation here on Tuesday that that there was broad consensus across the political spectrum in India for strengthening friendly relations with China.
The delegation was led by Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress of China Zhang Dejiang at the Parliament House. The last time a Chinese parliamentary delegation had visited India was 14 years ago.
- In breaking of ice, Foreign Secy Vijay Gokhale visits China; Pakistan on table
- India should adopt “more nuanced” approach towards China: ex-envoy
- Don’t want Maldives to be another flashpoint, in talks with India: China
- Our Doklam construction legitimate: China
- India, China likely to hold border talks next month
- After blocking Masood Azhar ban, China says willing to promote ties with ‘important neighbour’ India
The Speaker told the visitors that relations with China were among the highest priorities of India’s foreign policy. India-China ties, she said, could be the most significant bilateral partnership of the 21st century.