Buoyed by EC order against Amit Shah and Azam Khan, Congress on Saturday sought action against RSS, yoga guru Ramdev and spritiual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shanker accusing them of using religion and spreading hatred among communities while campaigning for BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi.
In a complaint to the EC, K C Mittal, Secretary, AICC legal department, said action should be initiated against the forces that dominate, dictate and use religion and religious places to provoke voters in Lok Sabha polls.
Reminding the poll body that Modi is a “diehard RSS Pracharak”, Mittal told PTI that he has already complained to the EC against RSS, Ramdev and Ravi Shankar.
He said the manner in which all religious institutions and persons are involved in campaign and using religious sentiments for electoral gain is “a gross violation of the Constitution of India and the provisions of Model Code of Conduct.”
“All the activities and movements relating to election campaign by all such persons, organizations, groups, associations should be monitored, video-graphed and checked in each of the constituency”, he said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Any such activity conducted by their members, volunteers or supporters, groups or persons to arouse religious or community feeling to seek vote or campaign in the name of religion, caste or community, directly or indirectly, should be booked under the relevant laws.
He said such activities should totally be banned and special observers may be sent to each constituency.
Mittal also wanted the EC to ban a yoga camp being organised by Ramdev on April 16 and 17 in Alwar, Rajasthan, in support of BJP candidate Chand Nath. “This is illegal and against the model code”.
Appreciating the EC order barring Amit Shah, leader of BJP and Azam Khan, a Minister in U.P. government, from campaign in UP for their hate speeches, he said “this is a step in the right direction to maintain peace, tranquility and communal amity but is just the tip of the iceberg.”