RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday came under attack from political parties including Congress and Samajwadi Party for his controversial remarks that India is a Hindu nation and Hindutva is its identity.
Coming down heavily on Bhagwat, senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, in a series of tweets, described the RSS chief as “Hitler” and said the Sangh should stop “fooling” innocent people by using religion in politics.
“I thought we had one Hitler in making but it seems now we have Two ! God save India !,” Singh, also a known detractor of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, tweeted.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
A day after the RSS chief made controversial remarks in Mumbai, Singh asked, “A question to Mohan Bhagwat – Is Hindutva a religious identity ? What is its relationship with Sanatan Dharma ?
Is a person who believes in Islam, Christianity, Sikh Budhism, Jainism or any other religion also a Hindu ? Would Mohan Bhagwatji plz clarify ?”
Wondering “does word Hindu or Hindutava figure in any of our Veda, Upanishad, Gita, Puran or any other of our religious scripture ?, Singh also tweeted.
“RSS should stop fooling the innocent people by using religion in politics.We are proud of our Sanatan Dharm and its tolerance towards others,” he said.
Hitting out at Bhagwat, Samajwadi Party accused the Sangh of practising politics of “hatred and separatism.”
“They use such words and language to fan social tension,” SP spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said.
Referring to various controversial statements from union ministers and leaders of BJP and VHP, Congress leader Manish Tewari alleged that there was a “concerted efforts” to polarise the country on religious lines.
“…it is very evident that with the active connivance of the Central government there is an attempt of religious polarisation…The cultural identity of India is not of a monolithic state. India is not Pakistan,” he said.
Bhagwat, who was in Mumbai yesterday to attend golden jubilee celebrations of the VHP, had said, “Hindustan is a Hindu nation…Hindutva is the identity of our nation and it (Hinduism) can incorporate others (religions) in itself”.