Congress today criticised the AAP government for bringing its differences with the Lt Governor in the public domain, and said that it should rather devote its time in solving problems of the people of Delhi who had given Aam Aadmi Party absolute majority.
“Even when Congress was in power, there were occasions when government and Lt Governor had difference of opinion. But you can not take it (differences) in the public domain and bring the whole administration to a standstill,” Congress leader and former Delhi minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
- LG Najeeb Jung rejects appointment of DCW chief Swati Maliwal
- Najeeb Jung meets Home Secretary, phones Rajnath Singh
- Delhi LG Najeeb Jung meets Home Secy LC Goyal
- Amid a bitter power tussle, Arvind Kejriwal meets L-G Najeeb Jung
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung functioning as if there is President’s Rule in Delhi: Manish Sisodia
- Delhi CM Kejriwal to meet President Mukherjee tomorrow over power tussle with Jung
He alleged that raging row between Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Lt Governor Najeeb Jung over the appointment of senior bureaucrat Shakuntala Gamlin had “sidelined governance, administration and development of the city” for which people of Delhi had elected AAP.
He also said that the ongoing tussle between the Delhi Chief Minister and Lt Governor will have a negative impact on the bureaucrats and will hamper their ability to deliver.
“The way both sides are behaving with the officers who have to deliver will hamper their ability to do so,” he said.
Lambasting AAP, another former Congress minister Haroon Yusuf said, “They used to say there are thieves in the Parliament. Today their lust for power has grown and they expect Kejriwal to emerge as a leader at the national scene.”
“People of Delhi have given them a massive mandate and they should honour this mandate which demands them to solve the problems of Delhi,” he added.