A Congress MP on Tuesday demanded Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to order immediate arrest of the perpetrators of May 25 Ballabhgarh clash in which five persons were left injured after two communities fought over the construction of a religious structure.
Congress MP Hussain Dalwai called on Singh on Tuesday and sought arrests of the attackers as identified by the victims of the communal violence that took place in Atali village in Ballabhgarh area of Haryana’s Faridabad district.
“I have requested the Home Minister to order immediate arrests of the attackers that have been identified by the victims, and thus assure their safe return to the village.
- 'Pakistan does not seem interested in improving ties,' says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rajnath Singh visit to overshadow Congress effort'
- Maoist problem continues to be a matter of concern: Rajnath Singh
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to discuss plan to fight Maoism with MPs
- Ballabhgarh lynching case: Prime accused in Junaid Khan's killing arrested; All that has happened so far
- Sons of Akhlaq, Pehlu Khan meet Rajnath Singh, seek follow-up on cases
“The Home Minister assured me that he shall speak to the Haryana Chief Minister (Manohar Lal Khattar) to make every attempt to resolve the issue and ensure the safety of the victims,” Dalwai said.
Dalwai had paid visit to Ballabhgarh, where the victims of incident are living in a make-shift camp at city police station, to take stock of the situation on May 30.
Meanwhile, a group of locals from the area met some Congress leaders at AICC office here along with Dalwai to press for their demands.
At least five persons were injured and over 15 houses burnt on May 25 night when people from the two communities clashed over construction of the religious structure adjacent to the other community’s religious site.