In a significant departure from its earlier stand, the Congress on Thursday said it wants Priyanka Vadra to assume a “leadership role” in the party. In the past, the party always maintained that it was up to Priyanka to take a decision on the issue.
Stating that Congress workers always wanted “all members of the Gandhi family” to enter politics, party spokesperson Shobha Oza said, “Be it the demand for Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi earlier or now Priyanka, we want that all three of them should take up a leadership role in the party.”
Oza was responding to questions about a poster in Allahabad proclaiming that Priyanka would soon join active politics. The poster read, “Congress ka moon, Priyanka is coming soon.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The party, however, is divided on the impact of Priyanka’s possible entry. Many feel it would mean admitting Rahul’s failure, while some are apprehensive about how the youth will see the entry of another Nehru-Gandhi family member.
While the family remains tight-lipped on the issue, Priyanka continues to attend internal meetings, quietly helping Rahul in planning the revival of the Congress.