Congress on Thursday said it supported Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan’s decision not to attend the events with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Nagpur, saying the “decision is right considering the way chief ministers are treated in PM’s events.”
“Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee is fully supportive of Chavan’s decision to skip the Nagpur Metro event with the PM on Thursday, considering the manner in which chief ministers are treated in PM’s events,” MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said.
“The post of CM of Maharashtra is a matter of pride, no matter to which party he belongs. Any behaviour which hurts his pride is an insult of Maharashtra,” Thakre said.
At a function in Solapur on Saturday, where the Prime Minister inaugurated four-lane National Highway Number 9, Chavan had to stop speaking midway as alleged BJP supporters started chanting Modi’s name.”It is surprising that the PM kept mum when the incident happened in his presence,” Thakre said, referring to the Solapur incident.
“Maharashtra has the tradition of respecting even the opponents. The disturbance created by Modi supporters at the Solapur event is insulting for the state,” Thakre said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Thakre’s remarks came after Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda threatened to never attend any future events with PM Narendra Modi as he was booed by the audience at an event in Kaithal, and the Maharashtra Chief Minister’s decision to boycott the PM’s public function in Nagpur.
“I have decided not to attend the Prime Minister’s function because of the incidents that took place in recent days. As per protocol, a representative of the state government will be present at the function,” Chavan has said. Chavan is in Nanded today and would chair a meeting of the state Cabinet this evening.