At least six Congressmen including a party spokesman were injured on Friday as supporters of ‘Bundelkhand Adhikar Sena’ allegedly indulged in vandalism and heavy brick-batting at the Congress headquarters here.
Carrying black flags and lathis, about 200 protesters, led by the outfit’s chief Guddu Rajput, gathered outside the party headquarters and raised slogans alleging neglect of Bundelkhand and denial of special package for the region.
The protest soon turned violent as the supporters damaged doors, window panes, furniture of the office and four-wheelers parked at the premises besides beating up party workers.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
At least half a dozen workers including spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi were injured and had to be rushed to hospital for treatment, Congress sources said.
The mob of protesters could be controlled only after police arrived and arrested about 18 of them.
A case has been lodged at the Hussainganj police station and strict action would be taken against all those involved in the attack, police said.
Meanwhile, UPCC president Nirmal Khatri strongly condemned the incident and said that a complaint will be lodged with the Election Commission regarding the incident.
Guddu is son of former Congress leader Ganga Charan Rajput who is presently with BJP, Khatri said.
“Ganga Charan rang me up to enquire who all were at the party office as some people from Bundelkhand want to submit a memorandum. Soon after, a mob arrived and attacked,” he said.
Chairman of Congress’ communication department, Satyadev Tripathi said the attack had been carried out at the instigation of Ganga Charan and his son Guddu.
“Ganga Charan is presently in BJP and had also been seeking its ticket from Mahoba for his son. We will complain to the EC that a BJP leader instigated the attack,” Tripathi said while claiming that the protestors also raised slogans in favour of BJP and Rajnath Singh.
Senior leader and Congress’ Lok Sabha nominee from Lucknow Lok Sabha seat Rita Bahuguna Joshi termed the attack a “preplanned conspiracy” of BJP and ruling Samajwadi Party.
“It once again proved the connivance between these two parties”, she said adding that police arrived at the spot late indicating at the prevailing anarchy in the state.