With BJP’s prime ministerial face Narendra Modi alleging that the Gandhi family twice denied an opportunity to Pranab Mukherjee to become the Prime Minister, the Congress Wednesday hit back by speaking about the “treatment meted out” to L K Advani and other BJP elders and asked him to “look within” first.
While I&B Minister Manish Tewari said it was unfortunate that the Gujarat Chief Minister has dragged the office of the President into political discourse for scoring political brownie points, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala said instead of giving sermons and lessons to the Congress on how to respect elders, Modi should look within and correct himself.
“The Chief Minister of Gujarat has a tendency to score political brownie points in order to take a partisan potshot, he does not even spare the office of the President of India. I think it is extremely unfortunate that the Chief Minister of Gujarat has sought to trample constitutional propriety by dragging the august office of the President of India into a political discourse,” Tewari said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Surjewala mentioned the plight of former Gujarat chief minister Keshubhai Patel, RSS veteran Sanjay Joshi, slain Gujarat minister Haren Pandya, party patriarch Advani and “many others”.
“Modi conveniently forgot Keshubhai Patel, who was not only one time chief minister of Gujarat but also one of the most senior leaders. Modi humiliated him and threw him out of not only chief ministership but also the BJP. The way he behaved with Harin Pandya is known to one and all.
“The kind of treatment the BJP and particularly Modi meted out to their senior leaders is also well-known… Their own patriarch and guru L K Advani had to resign from all party posts and go into hibernation,” Surjewala said.