With BJP’s prime ministerial face Narendra Modi alleging that the Gandhi family twice denied an opportunity to Pranab Mukherjee to become the Prime Minister, the Congress Wednesday hit back by speaking about the “treatment meted out” to L K Advani and other BJP elders and asked him to “look within” first.
While I&B Minister Manish Tewari said it was unfortunate that the Gujarat Chief Minister has dragged the office of the President into political discourse for scoring political brownie points, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala said instead of giving sermons and lessons to the Congress on how to respect elders, Modi should look within and correct himself.
“The Chief Minister of Gujarat has a tendency to score political brownie points in order to take a partisan potshot, he does not even spare the office of the President of India. I think it is extremely unfortunate that the Chief Minister of Gujarat has sought to trample constitutional propriety by dragging the august office of the President of India into a political discourse,” Tewari said.
Surjewala mentioned the plight of former Gujarat chief minister Keshubhai Patel, RSS veteran Sanjay Joshi, slain Gujarat minister Haren Pandya, party patriarch Advani and “many others”.
“Modi conveniently forgot Keshubhai Patel, who was not only one time chief minister of Gujarat but also one of the most senior leaders. Modi humiliated him and threw him out of not only chief ministership but also the BJP. The way he behaved with Harin Pandya is known to one and all.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The kind of treatment the BJP and particularly Modi meted out to their senior leaders is also well-known… Their own patriarch and guru L K Advani had to resign from all party posts and go into hibernation,” Surjewala said.