Taking on the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for his calls to free the country of the Congress, vice-president of the party Rahul Gandhi Friday said the Congress ideology is rooted in India and cannot be wiped out by anyone.
“Congress is a thought and an ideology that is very old and one that cannot be eradicated from India. Those who wanted to eradicate it have themselves been wiped out,” Rahul Gandhi said addressing a rally at Nehru Maidan here Friday.
With Mangalore being a communal cauldron and communities polarized along the religious line, the Congress leader claimed his party was trying to promote politics of love and brotherhood and defeat parties involved in politics of anger.
“They pit a Hindu fight against a Muslim and a Christian. They make the people of Karnataka fight with the people of Maharashtra. They want to see people from UP and Bihar thrown out of Maharashtra. In Mangalore they beat up women,” Rahul Gandhi said.
He refuted Narendra Modi’s idea that a country like India needed a single ‘chowkidar’ to guard its interest and alternatively suggested that the Congress could create crores of ‘chowkidhars’ competent to protect the interests of the nation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016