Democratising the process of choosing candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Congress party in an experiment will get district and block level party workers, senior members in the affiliated cells, pradhans, pramukhs and the intelligentsia to vote and elect a candidate who will then go on to contest the parliamentary polls. Out of the 15 Lok Sabha constituencies across the country where the experiment will be held, Bikaner and Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan have already begun the process.
The ‘Congress primaries’ are on the lines of the democratic US presidential elections where party members elect their candidate.
Following the recent rout in the Assembly polls, the Congress has barely any time to waste and is looking at revamping their image and organisation in the state. Newly inducted chief of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee Sachin Pilot on Wednesday announced that in keeping with party vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s idea of democratising the selection of candidates, the experiment will be held in Bikaner and Jhunjhunu.
“We have already started drawing up a voter list that will include district and block level members, AICC and PCC members and present and immediate past office-bearers, youth wing, Mahila Congress, NSUI and other affiliated cells, pradhans, pramukhs and also noted activists, associations of lawyers, doctors and chartered accounts among others,” Pilot told The Indian Express.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More