Democratising the process of choosing candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Congress party in an experiment will get district and block level party workers, senior members in the affiliated cells, pradhans, pramukhs and the intelligentsia to vote and elect a candidate who will then go on to contest the parliamentary polls. Out of the 15 Lok Sabha constituencies across the country where the experiment will be held, Bikaner and Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan have already begun the process.
The ‘Congress primaries’ are on the lines of the democratic US presidential elections where party members elect their candidate.
Following the recent rout in the Assembly polls, the Congress has barely any time to waste and is looking at revamping their image and organisation in the state. Newly inducted chief of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee Sachin Pilot on Wednesday announced that in keeping with party vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s idea of democratising the selection of candidates, the experiment will be held in Bikaner and Jhunjhunu.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
“We have already started drawing up a voter list that will include district and block level members, AICC and PCC members and present and immediate past office-bearers, youth wing, Mahila Congress, NSUI and other affiliated cells, pradhans, pramukhs and also noted activists, associations of lawyers, doctors and chartered accounts among others,” Pilot told The Indian Express.