Suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur on Sunday alleged that the Ghaziabad woman, who has accused him of rape, was being used as a “puppet” by UP Mining minister Gayatri Prajapati and the case was part of a “larger conspiracy”.
The Inspector General-rank officer and his wife Nutan Thakur today went to the office of Gomti Nagar Circle Officer Satyasen Yadav and gave an 11-page application, claiming that the rape case was fabricated.
In the application, they claimed that the case was part of a “larger conspiracy and the Mining minister, SCW Chairman Zarina Usmani and member Ashok Pandey and a few policemen were involved in this conspiracy, who are using this woman as a puppet”.
“Woman’s false case does not mention even basic facts like when Nutan went to Ghaziabad, when and where the lady met her through which political leader, why the woman accepted the promise for a job so easily etc,” it said.
- Lucknow: Year after ‘Mulayam’s threat call’, Thakurs mark ‘Injustice Day’
- Muayam vs IPS office: Police lodge FIR against SP chief, Thakur says not given its copy
- UP police rejects IPS officer Amitabh Thakur's plea for FIR against Mulayam
- IPS officer vs Mulayam: 'Rape victim’, her husband record statement before magistrate
- UP IPS officer Amitabh Thakur seeks protection from Home Ministry
- IPS officer says rape case 'return gift' from Mulayam Singh Yadav
They also mentioned SSI Gomtinagar Ramraj Kushwaha’s report dated May 21 given to CJM Court Lucknow, which they said mentioned that the location of woman’s mobile numbers were not found to be in Gomtinagar area but at Naka Hindola and Charbagh.
On July 11, an FIR was registered at Gomti Nagar police station of Lucknow against Thakur under sections 376 (rape), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC, on the basis of an earlier complaint by a Ghaziabad-based woman. The IPS officer’s wife has been named a co-accused in the FIR.
Thakur has sought central force protection and a CBI probe into the rape case. Tha case was registered hours after the officer had lodged a complaint against Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for allegedly threatening him.
Thakur has said Mulayam threatened him after his wife Nutan filed a complaint before the UP Lokayukta against the state’s Mining minister.