BJP on Tuesday alleged that the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has failed completely to check incidents of violence and communal clashes.
“People are creating anarchy in a planned manner. Police are being attacked and property damaged. Now incidents of communal clashes in the state are making headlines at international level,” BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said. Citing a recent US report, which stated that UP saw the maximum number of deaths in communal clashes in the country in 2013, Pathak said that it was “unfortunate”.
The spokesman said the US State Department in its ‘International Religious Freedom Report’ for 2013 has stated that UP experienced the highest number of deaths in communal unrest for the second consecutive year, including the 65 killed in communal violence in Muzaffarnagar.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He alleged while the ruling party indulged in politics of vote bank, crime and incidents of communal clashes continued to rise. “As a result not only in the country, but UP is also developing an image of most riot-hit state internationally,” he said.