Biting cold wave conditions continued without any respite in Himachal Pradesh as the sky remained partially overcast even as day temperatures rose marginally.
The day started with a clear sky but the mercury dropped after thick clouds emerged followed by drizzle accompanied by strong winds.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 24.0 degree Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a low of 22.4 degree C and 21.5 degree, followed by Solan 20.0 degree, Nahan 19.7 degree, Dharamsala 16.6 degree, Shimla 16.4 degree, and Kalpa 6.0 degree C.
The minimum temperatures dropped by one to two degree, and Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul, and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded a low of minus 9.7 degree and minus 2.8 degree, while the key tourist resort of Manali shivered at minus 1.6 degree C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 3.6 degree while Solan and Shimla recorded a low of 4.0 degree and 4.5 degree C, followed by Palampur and Sundernagar 5.5 degree, Dharamsala 6.4 degree, Nahan 7.0 dgree, and Una 7.6 degree C.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Barring a few places, the minimum and maximum temperatures stayed two to three degree below freezing point while the high altitude tribal areas groaned under arctic conditions with mercury staying 20 to 34 degree below freezing point.