An air-conditioned coach of the Bangalore-Nanded Express train caught fire in the early hours on Saturday in Anantpur district of Andhra Pradesh,killing 26 people and injuring 13 others.
Following is the chronology of major train mishaps in the last 10 years:
May 15,2003: A burst stove in the Mumbai-Amritsar Golden Temple Express (Frontier Mail) near Ludhiana in Punjab led to a major fire,killing 40 people and injured more than 50.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
June 22,2003: 53 people were killed and 25 others injured in an accident on the Konkan Railway when the engine and three coaches of the Karwar-Mumbai Central Holiday Special train derailed after crossing Vaibhavwadi station in Maharashtra.
July 2,2003: At least 22 passengers and motorists were killed in a bizarre but ghastly accident in Andhra Pradesh when the engine and two coaches of a train fell off a bridge crushing vehicles passing underneath.
June 16,2004: Matsyagandha Express skidded off the tracks while crossing a bridge in Maharashtra’s Raigarh district,killing 20 people and injuring over 60.
Dec 1,2006: A portion of a 150-year-old bridge collapsed over a passing train in Bihar’s Bhagalpur district,killing 35 and injuring 17.
Dec 14,2007: Ludhiana-Ferozpur Express rammed a min bus near Ajitwal station killing 16 people.
Aug 1,2008: A Secunderabad-Kakinada nightly Gautami Express with 360 passengers catches fire near Tadallapusalapalli station in Warangal killing at least 31 passengers.
Jan 25,2009: Kanpur-Allahabad train rammed a truck near Unchahar station killing 12 people.
Feb 22,2009: A local passenger-train hit a Bolero in an unmanned level crossing near Barapalli station killing 15 people.