Tibetans staged a protest here on Sunday over the visit of Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to raise the Tibet issue with him.
The demonstration was held at North Delhi’s Majnu Ka Tila area which is home to substantial Tibetan population.
The demonstrators raised anti-China slogans and carried placards urging Modi to raise the Tibet issue.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“There were around 100 protesters. They have dispersed on their own,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai.
Security has been beefed in Majnu Ka Tila and New Delhi’s Chanakyapuri area which houses the Chinese embassy.
Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S B S Tyagi said that there was no such protest in the New Delhi district.