Welcoming setting up of the BRICS Bank, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday said the work initiated by United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government last year has led to its culmination in Brazil on Tuesday.
“I am delighted that the work begun by the UPA government at the BRICS Summit in South Africa has culminated in an agreement to set up the New Development Bank,” he said in a statement.
Finance Minister of the BRICS countries had also worked on the idea at various deliberations on the sidelines of the Fund-Bank and G-20 meetings, he said.
On Tuesday, the member countries of BRICS nations – Brazil,Russia, India, China and South Africa – agreed to set up the USD 100 billion bank to help development of member nations and developing countries.
“I am especially happy that all outstanding issues have been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the five countries. All five countries will contribute equal amount to the equity capital of the bank and will have equal voice and equal voting rights as founder members of the bank,” he said.The bank will be headquartered at Shanghai and India’s candidate will be the first president of the bank, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I congratulate the government of the BRICS countries as well as the chief negotiators on the successful conclusion of the negotiations. The BRICS Bank is an outcome of which every Indian can be legitimately proud,” he said.