Two CRPF officials, including a deputy commandant, were killed and 12 security personnel were injured in a landmine blast triggered by Naxals in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday.
The incident took place this morning in a forest near Bodhrajpadar village under Bhejji police station limits, Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police Neeraj Chandrakar said.
Constable Rajiv Rawat, belonging to the 219 Battalion of CRPF, and one of the two deputy commandants in the operational units have been killed. The identity of the deputy commandant is in the process of being established.
“Two of our personnel including a deputy commandant-level officer have been killed. The entire operation was being led by senior officers,” CRPF Inspector General (Operations) H S Sidhu said.
Twelve security personnel, including a CRPF deputy commandant, seven other officials of the force and four state policemen, have been injured in the incident, he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The evacuation process is on and two helicopters have been sent to retrieve the injured jawans, ASP Chandrakar said.
A joint squad of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), its specialised unit Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA) and the district police personnel was engaged in an anti-Naxal operation in the region, which is around 500 km away from Raipur, for the past few days.
Naxals triggered a landmine blast and opened fire on the security personnel, Chandrakar said.
Naxals retreated as the security personnel retaliated and began to encircle them.