The biggest conglomerate in Tamil Nadu today, named after Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, is ‘brand Amma’. Its latest greenfield ventures include Amma cinema theatres, Amma guesthouses, Amma women’s hostel, Amma weekly markets, Amma drinking water and Amma computer training.
These new projects were announced by Chennai corporation mayor ‘Saidai’ S Duraisamy in the city budget Wednesday. The announcement comes as AIADMK workers prepare for Jayalalithaa’s 66th birthday on February 24.
About five Amma theatres will come up in the first phase, to be run by a third party. But ticket fare would be fixed by the corporation. Low-cost Amma guesthouses would cater to those travelling to Chennai for short trips, while Amma weekly markets would open in all 200 wards in the city corporation. Amma drinking water, which was so far sold in bottles, would now be available in 20 litre packs for domestic use.
The party hopes the measures would boost its cadre ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More