The biggest conglomerate in Tamil Nadu today, named after Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, is ‘brand Amma’. Its latest greenfield ventures include Amma cinema theatres, Amma guesthouses, Amma women’s hostel, Amma weekly markets, Amma drinking water and Amma computer training.
These new projects were announced by Chennai corporation mayor ‘Saidai’ S Duraisamy in the city budget Wednesday. The announcement comes as AIADMK workers prepare for Jayalalithaa’s 66th birthday on February 24.
About five Amma theatres will come up in the first phase, to be run by a third party. But ticket fare would be fixed by the corporation. Low-cost Amma guesthouses would cater to those travelling to Chennai for short trips, while Amma weekly markets would open in all 200 wards in the city corporation. Amma drinking water, which was so far sold in bottles, would now be available in 20 litre packs for domestic use.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The party hopes the measures would boost its cadre ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.