The death toll in the collapse of an under-construction 11 storeyed building near suburban Porur climbed to 42 on Wednesday, a senior state government official said.
Of the 42 deceased persons, 28 were men and the rest women, Director of Public Health K Kulandaisamy said.
A total of 69 persons had been pulled out dead or alive from under the debris of the collapsed structure by rescue personnel since Saturday when the mishap occurred, he said.
Meanwhile, another official, who did not want to be named, said it was feared that another 20-25 persons could have been trapped under the debris, even as multi-agency rescue efforts including the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) were on in full swing.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched